Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship winners!|
Cliff Avenue United Football Club awards scholarships each year in recognition of academic achievement and community/school service combined with soccer participation. Scholarships will be a minimum of $250 and up to a maximum of $1500.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
1) In Grade 12 at a British Columbia High School; and
2) A registered player with Cliff Avenue United Football Club for the current season and for at least one prior season.
Scholarship funds must be used toward tuition at a post-secondary institution [university, community college, technical institute, vocational college, etc.] by September of 2015.
The Application Process: Applicants must submit the following:
1. Letter from the applicant’s school principal or counselor
2. Copy of most recent school report card
3. Copy of transcript of high school grades
4. Letter from the applicant outlining his/her achievements, school and community service and other qualifications
5. Application form (see below)
The Selection Process: an independent committee comprised of two respected educators appointed annually by the CAUFC Board of Directors will review applications. In selecting the successful applicants, the committee will consider:
1. academic achievement
2. school and community service;
3. soccer participation; and
4. number of years played for CAUFC
Deadline: no later than May 1st, 2018
Please send to the attention of 'Scholarship Committee'.
Applications must be received by CAUFC at Box 435-6540 Hastings Street,
Burnaby, BC V5B 4Z5 (Mailbox is located inside the UPS store at Kensington Plaza).